24 September 2016 in Blog - Fashion & Living
It’s officially the weekend, and you’ve looked forward to this day since the previous Sunday night. You’ve made it through the week (barely), and now it’s time to let your hair down, throw caution to the wind, and take advantage of all that the next couple of days have to offer. I hate to break it to you, but it’s time to seize the day; it’ll be all over before you know it.
A successful weekend is fairly easy, if not for the simple fact that you don’t have to roll out of bed for work. But, believe it or not, there is also a possibility for weekend failure.
Here’s how you know that you’ve failed at weekending, come Monday:
- You have to work. Yes, weekend jobs are a reality for many people, but that doesn’t make it suck any less. Working on the weekends doesn’t necessarily give you an automatic F; that would be a little unfair, because you’re simply trying to survive. However, you’re certainly no longer working with an A.
- You neglect all friends and/or family. You’re well within your right to have alone time over the weekend, especially since you’ve likely been around people all week. However, don’t take your need to retreat out on your loved ones. Nearly everyone is busy tending to their own lives throughout the week, so try to find the time on the weekend to reconnect, if only for a moment.
- You don’t get any rest. Your bad. What else were you doing?
- You overspend. The tricky part about the weekend is that it has the tendency to blind you with “carpe diem.” You’re so excited to be free and in the moment, that you completely forget how your bank account is set up. There is nothing worse than logging into your bank account on a Monday morning, only to notice that you have a mere $15 left to survive until the next pay period. Take it easy, withdraw a capped weekend spending amount and enjoy within your means.
- You go too hard on Sunday. There’s that “carpe diem” thing again. In milking those last few moments of the weekend and partying until the clock stops, you will set yourself up to suffer on Monday. Give yourself a hard Sunday curfew and stick to it. At the time of this curfew, you should be at home, hydrating, and mentally preparing for Monday.
Try not to be a failure—your weekend is counting on you!